Gradient nail tutorial!
What you will need:
- Coloured base coat
- Another colour, that works well with the base
- Clear top coat
- Bath sponge
- Scrap paper/mixing pallet
1. Paint your base coat. I find two thin layers works well.
2. Wait about half an hour in between both coats, as you don’t want your colours mixing.
3. Drop some polish onto the paper, and dip a corner of your sponge into the polish.
4. Dab off excess polish.
5. Create the gradient by starting a thicker layer at the top of the nail, then dap thinner and lighter working your way to about three quarters down the nail.
6. Wait for the colour to dry.
7. Finally add one or two top coats of clear top coat.
There you have it, a real simple and easy effect to create. It looks really cool. It’ll take a few times to perfect, and getting colours right. I’m not 100% keen on these two colours, but I’m going out and these colours match my outfit :) Enjoy!!